Nov 16, 2009

Aviatrix (#19)


Meet Aviatrix! With almost no mods to the hat, it worked up fast and wonderful - check out the details.  

Pattern: Aviatrix, published by Just Jussi {free Ravelry download}  
Yarn: Zealana Kia Ora Kauri Worsted Weight.

This yarn was donated from My Mummy Knits, and is made from Possum {not the American version, but a New Zealand animal with super soft fur}. My Mummy Knits has offered a discount in their shop for One Hundred Hats readers! Simply mention One Hundred Hats when you write your check-out comments, and My Mummy Knits will take 10% off your order between now and the end of the year!  

Needles: US size 7 (4.5 mm) and US size 4 (3.5 mm)

Notes:

This was such a fun pattern to use! I ended up making no modifications, and working the pattern as written, and I had no issues. The combo of the Possum yarn and the ribbing around the brim of the hat is quite honestly heavenly, and I can imagine some tiny child will be super warm and snuggly in this hat. I loved knitting it so much, in fact, that I immediately cast on two more Aviatrix hats for a commission I've had in my personal queue to make. Such a fun and easy pattern for babies/toddlers, I'll be making more and more of these in the coming years!

No comments:

Post a Comment