Ribaroni (#17)

Nov 9, 2009

My rib-knitting still hasn't been worn out - I whipped through this hat in just two days, loving every minute of it! I knit up the "youth" size, which thanks to the slightly larger needles (I used size 8, the pattern calls for size 7) meant that an adult-sized head will fit it nicely. Perfect for growing older child-sized heads!

The yarn is some malabrigo donated to the project from Tri'Coterie Yarns (a Ravelry shop), and was a pleasure to work with. I love the subtle change in color that only a hand-dyed yarn will have. I swear I thought about keeping this hat for myself, but talked myself out of it!

Special thanks to Melanie, who modeled the hat for me, allowing me to interrupt her ice-cream eating and Dexter-watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design