Walk In The Park (#21)


This hat worked up fast and easy, and is a great pattern for a slightly baggy hat.  

Pattern: Walk In The Park Hat, from Pickles  
Yarn: Araucania Nature Wool Multi {worsted weight, blue variegated} donated to the Project from Knitting School Dropout  
Needles: US size 8 (5.0 mm) and US size 10 (6.0 mm) 16" circulars and US size 10 (6.0 mm) DPNs  

Notes:

I didn't do anything different or special to this pattern. I cast on and knit according to the pattern all the way, and the only change I made was knitting until I was almost out of yarn before binding off, rather than knitting for the listed number of inches. I think if I had tracked inches, the hat would have actually ended up a bit longer, and if I were to make it again I'd make it about an inch shorter, so it worked out great for my needs. The pattern seems lacier than I'd want to use for a charity donation hat, but once worked up it holds in warmth quite nicely, I'd imagine due to doubling the yarn up throughout. I can't imagine anyone wearing this hat feeling the least bit cold!

Comments

Popular Posts