Nov 14, 2009

Warm Woolies Is Closing Their Doors

It's a sad day today. Warm Woolies is officially closing their doors at the end of the year. And so these hats I've been knitting must find a new home. Warm Woolies has operated for years, providing warm items to children in orphanages around the globe. I'm extremely sad to see them close up shop, and am sending my good thoughts to the people who have volunteered so much time to make the organization what it was. I will, however, continue to knit hats. I'm in the process of finding a new place to donate, and am feeling the push to move this project closer to one of the end goals I had for it. To make it more than just a space for me to knit, and to include the knitting community at large in the process. For the time being, I'll continue to update you with my progress in hat knitting, continue to plan the 25th Hat Celebration {tons of news on this to come next week}, and let you know as soon as I've got a larger plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment