Dec 17, 2009

Cables, Baby (hat #26)



Whew! It's been quite the two weeks, has it not?! Between the 25th Hat Celebration posts, my husband has been spending tons of quality time redoing our bathroom - he gutted it down to the bare bones {as we've had to do in pretty much every room in the house} and rebuilt it from scratch. In just two weeks. So I've gotten a bit behind on the hat posting around here. Not behind on the knitting mind you, just on the sharing. This week will continue to be light on the sharing, thanks to all the cleaning we've still got to do, and then the family that will be coming to town, but there will be much sharing soon! For now, though, I couldn't let another day go by without sharing this gorgeous hat:  

Pattern: Cabled Baby Hats, by Julie Hentz  
Yarn: Patons Worsted Wool in a pretty marigold  
Needles: size 8 (5.0 mm) 16" circs and dpns, my favorite bamboo needles.  

Notes:

I didn't make any modifications to this hat {for once!} - I simply followed along, letting the pattern take me where it wanted. I notice I knit the newborn size, but I think it's more of a one-year-old to toddler sized hat in my gauge, which is fine. The hat itself is super soft, and even with the cables and wider ribbing it's pretty stretchy, which means a child could wear it for at least one full winter, but hopefully two.

The pattern worked up fast and easy - although next time I'd make the ten-cable hat instead of the five, because I love cables that much! It's a great hat to knit for a younger kid in your world, and can easily be sized up for any head! The hat itself is super soft, and even with the cables and wider ribbing it's pretty stretchy, which means a child could wear it for at least one full winter, but hopefully two

No comments:

Post a Comment