Hey There, NYC! (hat #28)


Because I've gotten a bit behind on my hat knitting, I opted to knit a few simple hats to get back on track. This nod to NYC hat, from Pickles, is one that my husband almost stole - he's picky about his hatwear, so to know he loved it was a great sign!  

Pattern: Hello New York by Anna and Heidi Pickles  
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in Dark Grey Marl (held double throughout pattern)
Needles: US size 10 (6.0 mm), 16" circulars and DPN's

Notes:

I followed this pattern (minus the striping) to the tee until the end of the hat, when I ran out of yarn before I could finish the decreases the way they were written. I ended up having to tink back a few (hundred!) rows, and just decreased by k2tog until there were only a few stitches left. The hat can be worn as shown, with the brim folded up for extra ear warmth, or slouchier by unfolding the brim and lettign the back hang off. If I can pry it out of my husband's hands, I'll add it to the finished hats box!

Comments

Popular Posts