Dec 21, 2009

New Recipient: Nest Maine

With the closing of Warm Woolies, I've been looking for a new place to donate the hats I've been making. Because of the book that is being made {more on this in the new year!}, I need to hold onto the hats until the project is almost complete, which means my original idea to donate them to a few different places isn't able to happen.

Enter Nest Maine.

This organization seeks to give warm handmades to those in need in northern Maine. Each fall they accept handmade goods that use all-natural materials - perfect for my all-wool hats! I got into contact with Jean, the group's founder, via Ravelry {love that spot}, and asked if she was going to be collecting next fall. She is, and so a partnership has been born!

All hats are going to be held until next fall, when the project is done, and mailed in one big box to Nest Maine. I'm excited to once again have a partnership for the project - while I kept knitting without one, knowing where the hats are going renews my desire to get them done faster than ever! Take a minute and stop over to Nest Maine's webiste and check out what they've been able to do in two short seasons!

With the closing of Warm Woolies, I've been looking for a new place to donate the hats I've been making. Because of the book that is being made {more on this in the new year!}, I need to hold onto the hats until the project is almost complete, which means my original idea to donate them to a few different places isn't able to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment