Golden Compass (#37)

Jan 25, 2010

I've been trying to bust through some of the smaller-sized hat patterns I've got patterns for, and because I loved The Golden Compass I wanted to whip up this hat inspired by the movie.  

Pattern: Golden Compass hat, by Froggie Meanie Designs  
Yarn: bulky wool I had in my stash, held double  
Needles: size 13 bamboo circs, used straight  

Notes:

I don't have a model small enough to put the hat on (despite my nieces and nephew all trying the hat on over the weekend!), so laid out on our porch is as good as I can get. I also didn't have the right sized needles, so I totally improvised!

I used smaller needles and only doubled up the bulky yarn,but then to compensate I knit the largest size in the pattern. The hat turned out sized to fit a toddler (maybe up to a two-year-old), and I love it! Then I added some braided straps to it, so it will stay on the head of whomever gets it. A great pattern to knit up for kids in your life for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design