Jan 11, 2010

Nuts! (hat #31)


Still not used to all this snow, but thankfully it looks like it's going to be a bit warmer this week - if just above freezing is a bit warmer! We're hoping some of this snow will melt (that's my front porch steps!) so that we can see a bit more of our streets and sidewalks before June!  

Pattern: Acorn by Knitting School Dropout {currently being test-knit before release}  
Yarn: half skein of Araucania Nature Wool Chunky  
Needles: US size 9 (5.5 mm) 16" circs, US size 11 (8.0 mm) 16" circs and DPNs  

Notes:

For some reason, my hat ended up more kid-sized, rather than adult sized. I got gauge, but the smaller end of gauge {meaning I had to stretch it just a WEE bit to get the right size}, and as I didn't have a 16" circ in a larger needle size, I stuck with the needle sizes given.

 When I make it again {and I'm sure I will, as I want one for myself so bad!} I'll use size 9 for the ribbing, as the pattern calls for, but size up to 13 for the body, and just make it all on my DPNs so that I get the right gauge for the body, and it will fit my head just right!

One of the new-found perks of doing this challenge comes in moments like this, when I'm offered a pattern for knitting before others have their hands on it. I can't wait for it to be available for the rest of you to get your hands on, because it's truly a wonderful knit - fast and easy, the pattern working itself out before you even know what's going on. I love a pattern that turns out gorgeous but that I don't have to think to deeply about. My laziness shines through!

No comments:

Post a Comment