Jan 6, 2010

Winter foliage (#29)


The snow is not stopping, is in fact getting deeper and deeper every time we step out the door. It makes it hard to get to and from work, but is making it decidedly easier to sit on the couch and knit all evening! Thanks to this urge to hunker down, I got my first “must read every line of the pattern” hat done!  

Pattern: Foliage by Emilee Mooney (free from Knitty!)
Yarn: Tri’Coterie BFL Aran in Twilight
 Needles: US Size 6 (4.0 mm) circs, US Size 7 (4.5 mm) circs and DPNs  

Notes:

Despite a few issues with starting the hat out with just four stitches on four DPNs (a skill that I will have to master on another hat!), this hat worked up rather fast and fun. I love how I didn’t have to block it, and it looks super comfy and warm despite all the yarn overs that make the leaf pattern so gorgeous. If you’re going to knit this hat, do it with a variegeted yarn like I used – the mix of colors coupled with the lacy pattern make this hat one I’d like to keep for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment