Feb 19, 2010

Jacques (#46)


Thank goodness it’s finally Friday! After a week of serious knitting, serious working out (Pilates is kicking my butt!) and serious Olympics, I’m super ready for the weekend. I’ve got plans for some cleaning, some laundry, a little bit of organization bliss, and even some friend hang-out time! Of course, Mother Nature has decided to best us yet AGAIN with more snow, falling softly as we woke this morning. Thank goodness I’d snapped this shot of the latest hat already!

Jacques is meant to be knit with DK weight yarn on size 4 needles, but I couldn’t muster the strength to knit that tiny with so many projects on the queue for the Ravelympics, so I simply knit the smallest size on larger needles and with worsted weight yarn. It turned out pretty good – fits me like a dream, and even stretches to fit Zach’s head, although by doing that the brim is a little shallow for his taste. It’s the perfect hat for a boy, though. Thanks to the doubled-up ribbing it’s super warm on the ears, and it really does stretch for days, so it will grow with just about anyone.  

Specs: Jacques Cousteau hat (English version), by Typy; knit with Lion Brand Woolease yarn on size US 6 / 4.0 mm 16” circs and DPNs.

No comments:

Post a Comment