Feb 24, 2010

Simple Pleasures (#48)


Almost halfway through the project, and I'm finally starting to figure out how to take pictures of myself that don't totally stink - and even capture the look of the hat well. This is hat #48 in the project, Simple Pleasures. I picked it because it was similar to the hat I'm designing for the 50th Hat Celebration, and so it gave me a chance to test a few things out.

I love every pattern I've ever worked from Purl Bee - they are simple and easy to understand, plus you can substitute yarns with ease. For this hat, I doubled up some LB Collection DK weight yarn and then followed the pattern exactly. It was too bright to head outside to take a photo, so I stayed inside and snapped this shot next to a window - and by the end of the mini photo shoot, my head was sweating!  

Specs: Simple Pleasures hat, by Purl Bee; made using LB Collection DK-weight yarn and size US 8 and US 9 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment