Mar 11, 2010

Autumn (#53)


Wouldn't it figure? Just as soon as I get all excited that the weather is turning towards spring, just as soon as I excitedly proclaim I'll be taking all my photos outside from now on - it snows. That's right, we woke up today to a nice, wet blanket of snow. Suck. I do, however, still have one more hat to share this week - and thankfully I had snapped the photo inside, and before the snow!

 Autumn is a hat pattern from the prolific Jane Richmond. I'm in love with every one of her patterns, and you're sure to see more of them make their way to this challenge in the near future. Autumn works up fast and on thick yarn - a definite plus when trying to knit three hats a week!

The Lion Brand Thick n Quick was stash yarn I've had laying around for forever - no actual recollection of when the yarn was purchased in fact! I'm sure there's something to be read into that, but I'm choosing to look at it as kismet - I was meant to knit this hat for sure, as I already had the yarn I needed! And so comfortable I've already knit another one up - this time for me! - I can already assure you this will become a gift pattern in the future!  

Specs: Autumn hat, by Jane Richmond {Ravelry link}; knit using Lion Brand Thick n Quick in peacock blue, on size 11 and 13 bamboo circular needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment