Mar 30, 2010

Flat Knit (#56)


After a rough week filled with death, drama, and tears, I'm happy to be back home in Omaha, surrounded by my knitting and my cats and my every-day life! This week I've got four fun hats to share with you, along with the launch of a great new project I'm super excited about!

The Flat Knit hat was one on my list of PDFs from Ravelry, and it fit almost perfectly with the Cascade 220 I had. Because Cascade 220 works up a bit thinner than some other worsteds, this hat knit up a bit smaller than I'd have liked for myself - good thing I'm donating it! If I were to knit it again, I'd actually knit it in the round.

I know that the hat is meant for those who don't want to knit in the round, but I'm so used to doing that now that it felt weird to not be knitting that way. I'd also make the brim a bit larger - mine turned out to be about 1.5" after being folded, but I'd like it to be a bit thicker for winter months.  

Specs: Flat Knit Cabled Hat by Crystal McDonald; knit using Cascade 220 in pink heather with size 8 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment