Mar 17, 2010

New Yarn For Hats

I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend spent with family, celebrating the long life of my husband's grandmother (she'd just turned 93 when she passed). I'm finding it easy to pick up the hats, as I carry them with me everywhere, but figuring out when to take pictures has gotten me stumped. It will be a few days still before I can share some new hats I've been working on.

All is not lost, however. Last week I was lucky enough to receive a super sweet package, stuffed full of Cascade 220 from Meg!

Yarn
Meg is a Ravelry friend, and when she talked about de-stashing some wool that, while she loved on principal, she never really wanted to knit with, I jumped. A Paypal transaction later, and eight skeins of heather pink wooly goodness were on their way to me!

I've already used one of the skeins to knit up hat #54 and am working my way through skein #2 for hat #55! I think I'll save a bit of it for future charity projects, but because my love for Cascade 220 wool rivals my love for Patons Classic, I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold out!

If you're on Ravelry and are my friend (I'm "adevinelife"), you may have noticed I've got like 15 hat patterns queued up and ready to go. I've decided to knit my way through all the hat patterns I've been purchasing as PDFs over the last few months - and believe me, there's a LOT of them!

Because I've got them all queued up and ready to go, now that I'm back in the swing of things I should start to coast through hat after hat, which means I'll be peppering this space with spring-time photos more often! I'm excited to take the hats down the street to the park, around the Old Market area of downtown, and even maybe to the dog park for photo shoots!

+ + + + +

** Special shout-out to Lorrie, who sent me a wonderful e-mail the other day. I'll be sharing more of her story later this week, but wanted to send a special HEY! to her.

** If you've been knitting for charity and want to share your story with the rest of the OHH community, simply shoot me an e-mail to let me know what you've been up to! I love hearing how we're all changing the world, one hand-knit at a time, and would love to let the rest of this amazing community in on all you've been doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment