Jul 6, 2010

Purke (#81)


What a nice 4th of July weekend I had! Spent some time with friends at a cabin on a lake, got in tons of knitting time, and even began to dream about new patterns. The hat above, however, was conceived a few weeks earlier, at a baseball game!

 Purke is the young pitcher for the TCU Horned Frogs, and his wonderful story inspired me while watching him pitch his team to the semi-finals in their first-ever trip to the College World Series! Because I was at a baseball game I needed to make a simpler pattern, and as I knit and he pitched, this hat was born!

I've currently got some wonderful knitters test-knitting the pattern {with a few changes added in to make the hat a bit more fun, along with a few more sizes so it will fit just about any size head!}, and I'll be making it available for sale soon.  

Specs: Purke - my pattern; knit using Stitch Nation Alpaca love in grey and size 8 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment