Red Velvet (#83)


I'd love to introduce you to Red Velvet! Not only a hat for the One Hundred Hats project, I'm going to be offering the pattern up for sale on Monday! I was going to wait to release this pattern until mid-August, but am done with all the edits, just need one or two more photos, and I just can't keep myself from sharing it! The Red Velvet hat pattern will be available for purchase next Monday. From the pattern:
"After writing a dozen or so patterns, I began to look back at some of the first patterns I wrote. Elsie stood out to me as one that could be improved upon, so I went back to the drawing board in an attempt to make her a bit more wearable. Instead of making a few smaller changes, she morphed into the Red Velvet hat pattern! With both a worsted weight and a sport weight version included, this hat pattern can be worked up with almost any weight yarn and for either a man or a woman!"
To knit this pattern, you'll need size 6, 8, and 10 circs and DPNs, a cabling needle, and a darning needle to sew in the loose ends. You'll also need to have a basic working knowledge of cabling to make it easier, but I bet anyone can cable through the pattern with no trouble at all, so don't let it stop you if you've never cabled before!

Comments

Popular Posts