Aug 3, 2010

#90 - Hill Country


Hill Country is such a fun little hat - the design shifts and moves along the hat, giving it a very polished and masculine look but still allowing it to be a hat a woman can rock. Plus, it's knit up using chunky yarn and bigger needles - what could be better!

Like so many hats I've knit lately, I made one big mod to this pattern - I knit it from the brim to the crown rather than crown-down as the pattern calls for. I struggle through all those needles early on every time, so I find it easier for me to just go ahead and start with the ribbing and work my way up. Doesn't change the way the pattern looks at all, and while it might require a bit more thinking on my part, it's always worth it!

Specs: Hill Country by Clara Parks {free Ravelry download link}; knit with leftover chunky yarn and size 10 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment