Aug 4, 2010

On Minimalism and Passion: The Series

As I move towards a minimalist lifestyle, I’ve found I learn more from listening to others share their unique journeys than I have from books and impersonal articles. Everyone has their own take on minimalism, and in hearing those stories I find myself more open to exploring my own minimalist journey.

With that in mind, I’m excited to kick off a new interview series, Minimalism and Passion. Most Wednesdays for the next few months I’ll be interviewing a wide variety of people - artists, writers, knitters and more – and asking them how minimalism has affected their passions.

Much like Gretchen Rubin’s Happiness Interview series, I’ll be asking each person the same basic sets of questions, digging into their unique take on minimalism and how it’s been affected by the things they’re most passionate about. My hope with this series is that together, the collective story of all these passionate minimalists will encourage us all to move towards a more minimalist lifestyle.

Each story is unique, and each take on minimalism is varied, but all contain the running thread of knitting/writing/biking/singing/doing/living more with less. I’ve got some exciting interviews lined up that I can’t wait to share with you, but I’m not done interviewing people yet – and I’d love to hear your story as well!

If you’re interested in sharing a bit about how your brand of minimalism has been inspired and shaped by your passions, send me an e-mail! Kicking it off next week is Everett Bogue of Far Beyond The Stars! {photo credit}

No comments:

Post a Comment