Sep 2, 2010

Minimalist Knitter ’s Handbook Breaks 1,000 Downloads!

Late last week an amazing thing happened – my little e-book that could, The Minimalist Knitter’s Handbook, broke 1,000 downloads!
 
When I wrote the Minimalist Knitter’s Handbook, I did so with little expectation. While I knew that what I was saying had forever altered the way I knit and bought yarn, I wasn’t sure that there would be a ton of knitters interested. Knitters are, after all, people who love to stash yarn – how would they react to one of their own telling them to de-stash and live with less?

The response has blown me away! I’m so lucky that I’ve gotten to meet so many of you out there who are now following this project, de-stashing some of your yarn, and working with what you have instead of buying new all the time. You’ve been sharing your stories and letting me know how the Handbook has affected you, and I cannot begin to describe how grateful I am for this!

Although I had no goals for the Minimalist Knitter’s Handbook, I’d love to see it reach another 1,000 people. Mind you, I’m only tracking the number of people who download the book via this space, so if you’re handing it off to a friend I won’t know it – which is totally fine, and something I encourage!

As I figure out how to reach another 1,000 people with my minimalist ideas, and as I figure out what my next minimalist steps are, I’d love to hear back from you: how did you hear about my little website? What is it that keeps you coming back? What would you like to see more of? Feel free to post your answers in the comments below or e-mail me if you’d prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment