Quick Holiday Knits: For Babies

Nov 8, 2010

These five patterns are the ones I knit over and over again – for both boys and girls, babies I get to hold once a week or those I may never get to meet in person, these patterns all work up quickly, stand up to the wear and tear of a little one, and are always loved by the adults in the baby’s life!

Pebble. I love to make this vest! It works up quickly, and the addition of adorable buttons along the side makes this a quick-change item for new moms – perfect to add a bit of warmth without the worry of pulling it over a squirmy baby’s head!

Kanoko Pants. I fell madly in love with the Kanoko Pants pattern several years ago, and have made it several times since. Read my Simple Knits review of the pattern here.

Snug As A Bug Sleep Sack. Frustrated with sleep sacks that used fingering weight yarn and took weeks to knit up, over a year ago I came up with this worsted-weight version and have been delighted to watch as people from around the world have knit this pattern, both for babes in their lives and for charity!

Oh, Handsome Sweater. Perfect for all the little men in your life, this sweater seems like the perfect first or second holiday season present. With just a touch of manliness, this sweater seems best knit in wools and wool-blends, with a tweedy yarn setting the pattern off best. I love to knit this one for the little men around me!

Cabled Baby Hats. I cannot think of a baby that has been born in the last year that I haven’t made this hat for. It has been in donation bags for my local hospital, mailed across the country, and kept close to home as neighbors have given birth. It can be whipped up in a day’s time, and looks gorgeous no matter what color or fiber yarn is used.

Roselette Top. Did I say five patterns? I meant six, with this last a crochet pattern at that! I have whipped up this Roselette Top for several little girls now, and each time it turns out perfectly and becomes a beloved wardrobe staple. Whips up fast with any type of yarn, and works well as a charity knit also.

Our next installment covers all things for the home – it’s a not-to-miss, as there’s a free pattern included!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design