Nov 12, 2010

Simple Knits -- November 12th

This week it's all about the hats! Yep, if you know how much I love to knit hats, this was an easy guess for you - I think a hand-knit hat is a wonderful and simple present to give to anyone, a great stash-buster, and the perfect way to test out a new stitch pattern or technique without having to commit to an entire sweater or blanket!


Jane

 

November 12th: Jane. This lovely hat is one I've made at least five times - once for myself, and then over and again for friends and family. I love the subtle keyhole stitch, the doubled-over brim, and I love how quickly it knits up.

November 13th: Cabled Baby Hats. Perfect for a first-time cabler, this adorable hat works up in a day and looks great on both baby boys and baby girls! One of my favorite gifts to give, this hat is the perfect gift for baby's first holiday.

November 14th: Walk In The Park. Back in January I wanted to knit one of these for every woman I know. While I didn't finish that goal, I'm still convinced this super simple hat would work as a gift for anyone on your list this season.

November 15th: Lace-Edged Women's Hat. Not sure if you love the idea of lace knitting? This hat is a great way to work yourself into lace - with just a bit at the edge of the hat, you'll just figure out if you like lace or not, and you're ready for the stockinette! No need to knit up an entire lace shawl, and you end up with a gorgeous hat, lace-lover or no.

November 16th: Stella. This is another hat I'd knit over and over again if I could - in fact, I might just! A few knits, a few purls, and suddenly you have a hat - what could be better?!

November 17th: Simple Pleasures Hat. This slouchy number {pictured above} is the perfect way to work through a skein or two of some of your fuzzier yarn, and is perfect for those on your gift list who'd love a super simple and cushy hat for the winter months.

November 18th: Bella's Eclipse. You don't have to be a Twilight fan to love the design of this hat. After knitting one up for the One Hundred Hats project, my husband commented several times that he'd love to have one of his own to wear, the striping was so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment