Simple Knits: Vancouver Hat

One of my favorite things to knit, you can whip up a hat in an evening or two using just one skein of yarn. Each of the hat patterns I'll be sharing with you are malleable, and can be changed up to make hats in different sizes, with stripes, or even longer if you'd like a slouchier version!
Vancouver 
The first of our four hats is my free Vancouver Hat pattern. Created during my One Hundred Hats project and the Winter 2010 Olympics, this hat reminds me of the hats worn by the American commentators, and I quickly figured out how to knit a super simple version.

This hat can be customized any number of ways - you can wear it with either the front or the back of the stockinette stitching facing out, you can rock it slouchier thanks to the long ribbing, and it can be sized to fit anyone from a smaller child to a large adult!

Did I mention this hat pattern is offered for free? That's right, you can download a free copy of it using this link. I've also got the directions written out on my Vancouver Hat pattern page, so if you'd prefer to read the directions that way you can!

Comments

Popular Posts