am a fan: 16 weeks

Mar 17, 2011
It won't be long now before Spring is fully in the air, the weather starts to get warmer, and my belly begins to overtake everything I do! Before I hit the half-way mark, we get to enjoy the Husker Spring game, starting to shop for a few little things {including a crib, dresser, and bookshelf!}, and getting outside to take walks around the neighborhood. Until then, here's a few things I've been loving on these past four weeks of pregnancy:  

* Oranges, Oranges, Oranges. I eat at least one a day, sometimes two. We keep buying those big mesh bags full of them at the store, and before Zach can grab even one, they're gone! I've started to joke the baby is going to come out a bit orange colored!  

* Strawberry anything. Milkshakes, popsicles, lip balm, even the real things themselves when I can get my hands on them. I can't wait for spring and summer fruit to show up so I can snag strawberries grown at least a BIT more locally!  

* No more sickies, for the most part. It was amazing - I hit 14 weeks {and the official end of the first trimester}, and it was like I stopped feeling sick almost immediately. I still get the occasional floops when I get to gung-ho brushing my teeth or feel a bit to warm, but other than that, I'm ready to rock and roll!

* Pondering the sandal selection for spring. While I'm normally a boot and sock person through almost June, I'm keenly aware that this year will probably be a bit different! Whenever I feel too warm I get sick, so I'm already checking out the spring/summer sandals cropping up in shops. I may have to pick up a pair or two of work-appropriate sandals for the rest of my pregnancy, as my black sporty flip flops aren't work appropriate!  

* Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. While my psoriasis has all but disappeared {yay!}, I've noticed my skin isn't any less dry, which leads to some tremendously cracked and gross cuticles. I've taken to keeping a pot of this loveliness with me at all times, and I'm loving how I'm not picking at my fingers as much because of it!  

* Mentally figuring out my "baby registry". While we don't want or need tons of stuff for this little monster, we still know we'll need a few things! As it's far too soon to start heading to Target to register away {does anyone else have an unhealthy love for their registry gun?!}, we've taken a few trips to the baby section to see what there is to be had. Each time I add to my mental list of "definitely want" or "no way, ever!", hoping that by May or June, when we're ready for the real thing, it'll be as painless as possible.  

* Our doctor. She's hilarious to me! I had my first appointment back at my regular OB this week, and when she walked into the room, the first words out of her mouth {after Congrats, of course} were, "Well, now you're just a regular ole pregnant lady, no more special fertility stuff for you!"

Everything is looking normal, and I'm happy to be a regular ole pregnant lady, by the way. Weight gain is normal (I've packed on eight pounds already), my belly is growing normally - despite my husband and I both thinking I look WAY more pregnant than 16 weeks - and when I told her I've been eating oranges and strawberries as snacks, she told me to eat some french fries already!

* The end of tights season! I cannot wait until I can start wearing my boots without tights, and then start rocking sandals shortly after that! It's in the 50's and 60's right now, and I've already ditched my tights over the last few days as often as I can! My pale legs definitely need a bit of sun, that's for sure!



What are some things you're excited for this spring? Any "almost halfway done growing a baby" advice to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design