Mar 31, 2011

project linus security blanket

Blanket
 
pattern: Project Linus Security Blanket {link on their patterns page}
 
yarn: Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool, two skeins
 
needles: size 10 circulars

notes:
I am no stranger to this pattern. I've knit it for blankets for several friends, and even donated one or two. This is, however, the first time I am knitting it for our home. For our babe. Crazy!

I didn't do anything special for this blanket - cast on the smaller number of stitches, and then worked in pattern until both skeins were completely used up. I thought I might need a third skein, but it will become something else, probably something to donate.

The blanket has not even had a soak - it is wool, and therefore cannot head to the wash machine. However, it won't get a good soak until all the sanding is done in the pantry, and the kitchen is cleared up. Then I'll dip it into the sink for a quick bath, lay it out to dry, and fold it up for the little.

I normally work this blanket up with acrylic, and already forsee one in either a pink or blue heading to the needles in a few quick weeks. Until then, there's more knitting to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment