Read in: March 2011

Augmented Humanity, by Ev Bogue
Much less hands-on practical as his other e-books, in this third venture into publishing Ev muses on the intersection between humanity and technology. His premise: if we properly create second-selves online, they can and will begin to free us up to move away from feeling thethered to technology, supporting us as we go about the "true" work of living. Great premise, good words, definitely one to read in chunks over time, lest the text begin to drag for you.

Digital Warriorship, by Gwen Bell
I have been missing the frequent writings of Gwen Bell, and so after weeks and months of waivering, I downloaded her book. On a day when I was emotionally and physically exhausted, and so I read it quickly, without much meditation and thought. I loved it, but also know that I missed so much in my quick read. Am excited to step back to it slowly, a few pages at a time, and let it seep into my being a bit better.

The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy, by Vicki Iovine
Given to me by a friend, this book is a bit old but still full of great information. Some of it I truly didn't want or need to know, if I'm being honest. But it is the best book I've flipped through or read thus far on pregnancy, as it takes a realistic look at all that my body is going through and will continue to go through. If you're pregnant for the first time, or know someone who is, grab this book and give it to them immediately!

Comments

Popular Posts