May 30, 2011

Calorimetry



pattern: Calorimetry, by Kathryn Schoendorf, for Knitty winter 2006 edition {free!}
yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease in green heather, approximately 1/2 a skein.
needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm. I used my circs, because I grab for those by default, but you could easily use straight needles, or even DPNs.

The second of sixteen hats for my History of Magic OWL {others can be seen here}, Calorimetry is more of an ear warmer rather than an actual hat.

For whatever reason, when I knit the Calorimetry {this is my second time} it seems to come out wider than I'd like. The photos show this ear warmer stretching more, or looking thinner, or some such thing.

Regardless of this, it is a wonderful and quick knit, and will work perfectly this winter for the runner I will be gifting it to. The wool/acrylic blend will keep her ears warm while allowing it to still be washable, and the color is neutral enough to work out well for everyday wear.

Now, if only I could find a charity that accepts these little numbers in acrylic, I could knit up my entire stash in a matter of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment