May 27, 2011

sleep sack 002

Sleep sack 002

pattern: Snug As A Bug Sleepsack, by me! {free}
yarn: I Love This Yarn! {from Hobby Lobby}, approximately 2/3 a skein. If you can't find this yarn, approximately 210 yards of any worsted weight acrylic will work.
needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm size 16" circulars

I've been playing with my Sleepsack pattern a bit - with sleep sack 001 I made the whole thing a ton longer {perfect for use all winter long} and added a button band, after a friend told me both would be super helpful.

This time around, I knit the sack to 17" so I could use it almost immediately, and re-vamped the button band a bit. I'm still not 100% satisfied with the result - it will work fine for our little monster, but I'm waiting to add my notes for adding a button band until I'm 100% satisfied with the results.

The color is much brighter than the photo shows - lime green, to be exact. This pattern continues to be one of my favorites of all the patterns I've written, and over 150 knitters currently agree - I can't believe so many folks love to knit it up!

I've got a ton of acrylic yarn in my stash right now {more on what I'm doing about that in early June}, and I'm thinking I may have to whip it up into a metric ton of sleep sacks for charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment