Jun 29, 2011

all the knits I didn't show you!

June was such a busy month for knitting - I found myself more often than not forgetting to post a finished knit, or knitting with a pattern I'd only recently shared!

This then is a round-up of some of the knits I made this June, but didn't find time to share with you!


002

003

005

pattern: Little Boy Blue ribbed hats
yarns:
Lion Brand Wool-Ease solids and heathers, in purple {used just under 70 yards for this, according to Ravelry, but I think it was less somehow}
Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash paints {used around 90 yards}
Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport
needles: size US 8 / 5.0mm 16" circular needle and size US 7 / 4.5mm 16" circular needle

Used up some wool-based yarn from the Butterfly Hat, some Cascade from my nest: Maine Boystown Beanie, and some acrylic sport weight I've had in my stash forever.

Love the ease of the pattern, and how it can be worked up using almost any type of yarn.

{These are charity knits 254 - 256/10,000. I'm knitting 10,000 items for charity in my lifetime as part of my Ten Thousand Project.}

Molly hat

pattern: Molly's Hats, by me!
yarn: Caron Simply Soft in nutmeg {approximately 110 yards}
needles: size US 8 / 5.0mm and size US 10 / 6.0mm 16" circular needles

As part of my commitment to using up every last bit of a skein of yarn, I'm knitting up Molly's Hats and will be sending them to nest: Maine {when they are made of wool} and the Pine Ridge Reservation {when they are not}.

{This is charity knit 257/10,000. I'm knitting 10,000 items for charity in my lifetime as part of my Ten Thousand Project.}

Neville
pattern: Traveller's Hat, by Sue Jackson {pattern previously shared and blogged about here}
yarn: Caron Simply Soft in bone and chocolate {approximately 72 yards of each color}
needles: size US 8 / 5.0mm
Love the pattern, love that it's far too slouchy on me. A good thing, as it will be gifted to one with a larger head than I. Mods made a-plenty, but in the end still a hat I'll knit again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment