broken rib cowl

Jun 23, 2011
Slytherin cowl
Slytherin cowl 1

pattern: Broken Rib Cowl, by Michelle Kaiser {free Ravelry download!}
yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted, in forest shadows colorway
needles: size US 9 / 5.5mm 24" circular


Over the weekend I whipped up this little cowl for the colder weather. Yes, I am aware it is the end of June. Charity knits have no season friends!

One of the skeins sent to me by the lovely Carrie, this is the first time I've used Lamb's Pride yarn. I love the variegated nature of this particular skein, although the more handspun feel to the yarn {some spots are thicker than others} took me a row or two to get used to.

I tend to be a knitter who loves her yarn to have consistent thickness - it cannot be helped.

However, the combination of the Broken Rib Cowl pattern {which I am head over heels in love with} and the variegated yarn make for a gorgeous cowl to be sure.

I went up a needle size from what the pattern requires - mainly because of the feel of the yarn - although if/when I make this pattern again I will not do so.I love the way this particular cowl turned out, don't get me wrong - I'm just interested in watching it play out with a tighter gauge as well!

I can picture this cowl made exactly as the pattern calls for - creating a looser cowl as pictured above - or with fewer stithes cast on for a tighter fit. No matter what, the easy-to-memorize pattern is one to add to your gift knitting pile, your charity knitting queue, and even your own personal cold-weather knitting stash!


This is charity knit 253/10,000. I'm knitting 10,000 items for charity in my lifetime as part of my Ten Thousand Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design