butterfly hat

Jun 28, 2011

pattern: Butterfly Hat, by Sofiya Cremin {free pattern!}
yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease solids & heathers in purple { approximately 130 yards}  
needles: size US 6 / 4.0mm and size US 8 / 5.0mm 16" circulars and size US 8 / 5.0mm DPNs

These last few weeks I seem to have been re-visiting some of the hats I knit for the One Hundred Hats project - this one being no exception! I originally knit the Butterfly Hat pattern for the OHH project back in October 2009 - it was one of my first dozen hats knit! Much like the first time I knit this hat, I loved knitting it this time around as well! This hat works up super fast, and the butterfly stitches add just the right touch of whimsy to an otherwise simple hat. Knit in a more vivid color like this purple, the pattern pops quite nicely, but I'd imagine it would be much more subtle on a black or grey hat. Made as a gift for a friend, I want to knit this hat up in a variety of colors for just about every gal I know - I can't think of a single one who {knit in the right color} wouldn't love this hat added to their fall and winter wardrobes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design