Jun 22, 2011

simple summer knits

Summer is such a tricky time for knitters, isn't it? We want to keep our needles busy, but with the weather hitting hotter and hotter temps it can be hard to even imagine pulling out yarn, much less actually using it!

I may be unusual in my love of summer knitting, then. I find myself bringing small projects along with me no matter where I am - a baseball game, a cabin with friends, sitting in the house watching a movie or hanging out by our fire pit. Nothing says relaxation to me like yarn and needles!

For those less inclined to break out the wool in the hottest months of the year though, I've been pinning some fun projects lately that you can knit and crochet throguh even in the hottest months of the year!

Pickles

On the left: Fun Top from Pickles - size 6 offered up for free!
On the right: Impress Dress, from Pickles. Size 1-2 years is free.

Slippers

Pippy Slippers from Meet Me At Mikes. Free pattern, perfect for leftover bits of yarn!

Leg warmers

Baby legwarmers, from I Still Love You. No pattern given on this site, but you can find tons of free ones around the internet!

Toast

Toast or Toastie mitts. The perfect way to stockpile holiday knits is to whip up a few of these perfect arm warmers! Free pattern includes both thumb-less and thumbed options!

Washcloth

Leafy Washcloth. Perfect for little gifts, hand-knit washcloths are ALWAYS loved!

{all photos/links from my To Make board on Pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment