Aug 17, 2011

Knit a Squillion, Week Two


How are we all doing on making squares for Knit A Square? This past week I managed to knock out four, which was super amazing! I've actually got a fifth on the needles right now, but that one will have to wait to be shown off until next week!

Last week, SweetestLight shared a Ravelry link to the squares she's been making so far - how fun! I can't wait to see the squares you all have been working on this week - don't forget to use the Linky Tools at the bottom of this post to share a link to your blog, website, Raverly, or even Flickr!

A few reminders about squares:

** You can actually make your squares out of any type of yarn. If you use wool or wool blends, just be sure to label them as such!

** Don't forget to package your squares to keep them waterproof - I plan to put mine in Ziploc bags before shipping them out, but as long as you send them in an envelope that's got a waterproof exterior or interior (like a bubble mailer or a Tyvek mailer) you'll be fine!



{These are charity knits 268 - 271/10,000. I'm knitting 10,000 items for charity in my lifetime as part of my Ten Thousand Project.}



 0 entries so far... you're next!



3 comments:

  1. Yay squares! This week I have knit up 3.5 squares bringing my total up to 8.5. I am having a lot of fun with this project :)
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. worstedknit - it worked, i had the wrong code in! and then i entered it for you again, just in case, so you're up there twice! sorry about that!

    sweetest-light, do you have a photo you can share? I'd love to see your squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think mine worked, too.

    I did 7 squares last week. And I dropped off the poster for the Squillion Squares challenge in a few places around town.

    ReplyDelete