Aug 5, 2011

Loving Lately: August 5 2011

Each Friday I share a few links and photos that I’ve been Pinning, starring in my Google Reader, and just generally loving on.

Hat

+ This 10-year-old’s knitted hat! As soon as I saw it on Pinterest, I grabbed some yarn from my stash to try to duplicate an adult-sized version. With two already under my belt this week, I may have to whip up a tutorial for this one … so simple and stylish! {thanks Aura, for pointing this out on Pinterest}

+ The Power Of 26 helps foster leaders and promote change in Kibera. {thanks Cookooloonks, for the head’s up!}

+ Football strawberries - because there’s less than a month until football season

+ Convertible lace-centered headband/neck warmer. FREE PATTERN ALERT!

+ Simple striped ski caps, sent off to charity. What a great way to use up your yarn stash! {Note: when I make caps like this, I use my free Boystown Beanie pattern as a base}

+ Is it too early to be thinking about holiday garlands already?

+ What a great round-up of holiday knits for the men in your life!

+ Jared Flood’s latest venture, Wool People, is now available! A compilation of designs curated from some amazing designers who all used Jared’s Shelter yarn as their inspiration, this project features fifteen designs that all look squishable and tremendous! And if you peek closely you’ll notice a design from one of Minimalist Knitter’s sponsors … congrats Lucy http://www.etsy.com/shop/ablackpepper !

+ Karen Walrond (ie Chookooloonks) recently got back from spending a week in Kenya with some of the One folks. She blogged her trip while there, and has just released a video of all of the photos she took - 1600 photos, compressed down into 4 minutes. I compel you to check it out!

For more of what I’ve been loving this week, check out my Pinterest account!

No comments:

Post a Comment