Breckenridge Fair Isle Hat

Mar 11, 2016




Pattern: Breckenridge Fair Isle Hat, by Country Pine Designs
Yarn: unknown (wool roving-like super bulky that was given to me to use for charity knitting)
Needles: US 15 / 10mm 16" circulars

The photos? That's what happens when you ask your husband to take one fast hat picture, and he starts acting like a high fashion photographer. "Strike a pose! You know you love the camera! Make them want it!" ... I swear, he's the best!

I've long been an admirer of Country Pine Designs. In a world that can sometimes feel oversaturated with super bulky items (I'm guilty of this myself), Kathleen stands out with her original designs and gorgeous photography. When she started selling patterns along with her finished knits, I knew I had to start knitting!

First on my list was the Breckenridge Fair Isle Hat. You can pick up the pattern both on Ravelry and on Etsy, and trust me when I tell you it's worth every penny. I've always struggled with just how long to make my super bulky hats, how to work the decreases, and just how much pattern is too much (or not enough) pattern for a hat made from yarn this thick

Kathleen takes all the guesswork out of it, and I ended up with a hat so perfect I've already got Zach convinced the two of us need to have matching red and white versions for Husker football this fall! And if I play my cards right, our friends (who we go to all the games with) will have some, also.

I'd like to say I've already earmarked all my super bulky stash for more of these hats, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out and buy more yarn as well ... my stash isn't going to last long with this pattern now in my possession!

This post was sponsored by Country Pine Designs. All opinions are my own, amazing design props go to Kathleen!

1 comment:

  1. Contact by Email top7achat@gmail.com

    http://top7achat.blogspot.com/

    1. Tajima DG15

    2.TAJIMA DGML BY PULSE 14.1.8.5395

    3.Tajima Autograph by Pulse

    4.Kaledo Style V4R1

    5.Optitex 15

    6.Wilcom EmbroideryStudio e3.0

    7.Marvelous Designer 4 Personal 2015

    8.KeyShot 5.3.6

    9.MasterWorks III

    10.LetterWorks III

    11.Ricoma DISC platinum v 5.16 2015

    12.Osaka DISC platinum v 5.16 2015

    13.Floriani MDQuilter II 2015

    14.Floriani Total Control U 1.0.0 build 2874 2015

    15.Welcome Embroidery CAD Software v6.0

    16.Perla8800S

    17.Perla2200S

    18.Perla Premium

    19.Creative DRAWings 6 PRO

    20.Stahls’ TwillStitch Pro Plus 7.46

    21.Pacesetter BES Lettering 3

    22.Ace DSC Platinum v5.14

    23.richpeace cad v9

    24.Stylecad V10

    25.Elitrom Cad 2d V3.212

    26.Zemax OpticStudio 14.2

    27.PhotoPRINT EDITOR PRO 10 5 PDF RIP

    28.Gemini X9 Full Module 01 / 09 / 2014

    29.PE-DESIGN 10

    30.Pulse Signature 14

    31.TruEmbroidery™ 3

    32.Onyx ProductionHouse 11

    33.Onyx PosterShop 11

    34.Husqvarna Viking Premier 6D

    35.Pfaff 6D Premier

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design