Oct 22, 2016

In The Last Few Months ...

In the last few months, despite my not being very present on this old blog, a lot has happened!

Owen turned 5.
FIVE.

How is it possible that this boy, who changed my life in all the best of ways, has turned 5? He's been rocking pre-k and can't wait to go to kindergarten, depending on the day. He's decided he's ready to read chapter books, and so we've started reading The Magic Treehouse series together most nights, which makes my bibliophile heart explode with happiness!



Then there's this monkey. Lou still doesn't talk much, and is getting some early intervention help for her sensory issues. No official diagnosis until she's 3, but it's looking less like autism and more on the sensory side, which ... whatever. She's a gem of a daughter, and I wouldn't change a thing about her.

She's been rocking a heavy backpack during transitions at school, and finally figured out she loves jumping more than almost anything else in the world, so she bounces almost everywhere she goes now. She's a huge lover, and gives hugs and kisses and snuggles all the time. Fearless, this lady is going to give me a lot of grey hairs in the next few years, and I can't wait!





And then there's this guy.


It's been a rough year for him, but he's taken it like a champ. We are moving in just 6 days, and he's been a rock through all my craziness and emotions.


We've had so much fun hat Husker games this fall, and I can't wait to watch fall turn to winter with this guy.


Plus, there's been making ...











My plan is to get back to this space, start sharing the things I'm making. Life is super busy, and my job is AMAZING but takes up a ton of my time.


That said, I miss this outlet. I miss sharing my crafting, talking about giving hats away, pumping up the patterns and people I love. So I'll be trying to get back more often than once every three months with a photo dump!


Fingers crossed!!

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning family. I don't know how you do all you do. So much energy! The updates are wonderful no matter how long in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh soooo glad to see you back...love all your projects..
    you have a beautiful family...
    have a great Sunday..

    ReplyDelete