May 22, 2017

Eliza And Her Monsters




Eliza and her Monsters, by Francesca Zappia
Started: May 20, 2017
Finished: May 21, 2017
Book 19/65 for my Goodreads goal


I received this book as part of my monthly OwlCrate subscription (click here to learn more!), and fell instantly in love. I have actually yet to have a book from this service be something I didn't love, so that's saying a lot!


This month's theme was comic books, and Eliza And Her Monsters follows Eliza as she creates a wildly popular web comic, while keeping her identity anonymous and trying to make it through senior year. Everything appears to be going well until she meets Wallace, and falls for him. Hard.


And then finds out he reads her web comic.


Mixed in with first love, there's several stories of anxiety, depression, and even suicide. Zappia doesn't treat these themes lightly, and while she doesn't devalue the importance of these issues in the lives of the characters, this book is about so much more than these themes, which I appreciate.


Perfect for high school students, or 8th graders about to become high school students!

No comments:

Post a Comment