May 31, 2017

Flawed

Flawed, by Cecelia Ahern


First up on my summer reading challenge was to finish Flawed. I started this right before school ended, but then it got set down as I closed out the room for the summer and got my grades posted and such. I got back to it last night, and finished it up this morning.


A dystopian novel, Flawed follows Celestine, a teen girl trying to navigate a world where perfection isn't just a goal. It's a requirement. One false move and you can be branded Flawed. Literally, and for life. Always a rule-follower, events unfold that leave Celestine questioning everything she believes, and making some out-of-character choices.


I give this book 3/5 lightning bolts. It's a good start to a series, and the characters are mostly believable. Some of the plotlines seemed obvious, but for my classroom shelves, this book is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment