May 31, 2017

The Last Of August


The Last Of August, by Brittany Cavallaro


After falling in love with the first book in this series, and sharing the love with more than a handful of my sevies, I knew the minute this book came out I'd need to add it to the classroom shelves. I did, and it didn't stay there for long - student after student checked this one out, so fast I didn't get the chance to read it until today!


For those who love Sherlock Holmes, this book (the second in the series) takes a new look at Holmes and Watson, setting them in the present day, and as descendants of the originals rather than the original pair.


I already can't wait for Ms. Cavallaro to write another book in the series ... I want to know what happens to Charlotte Holmes and Jamie Watson next!



No comments:

Post a Comment