off the needles: Walk In The Park Hat

Dec 29, 2011


pattern: Walk In The Park Hat, by Pickles
yarn: I Love This Yarn! in purple
needles: sizes US 8 / 5.0 mm and US 10 / 6.0 mm 16" circulars

What fun I had this holiday season, crafting items for each member of Amy's family! Amy blogs at New Nostalgia, and while we've known one another for close to a decade, it had been several years since I'd seen her gorgeous family - thankfully, we were able to reconnect at the pumpkin patch this year!

When her girls started commenting on my handmade hat, I offered to knit something for each member of Amy's family, and thankfully she agreed to let me! First off the needles was this hat for her youngest daughter. This one loves color, so I was excited to grab some bright purple yarn from my stash to whip her up a slightly slouchy hat.

I made a few modifications to this hat - a 2x2 ribbed brim, some decreases at the top of the hat (the pattern doesn't call for any) and a shorter knit time before binding off; all in all though, the hat looks almost exactly like the pattern photos, and will fit this little lady perfectly!

Post a Comment

Instagram