A Few Shine Hats

Feb 13, 2012


pattern: Shine Hat, by Robyn Devine  
yarn: see below for details  
needles: sizes US 8 / 5.0 mm and US 10 / 6.0 mm 16" circulars

I loved working up the pattern for the Shine Hat. I'll admit that I saw a hat on Pinterest that caught my interest, and I immediately wondered if I could knit up a version for charity. I love the idea of using a neutral for the main body of the hat and mixing up the colors for the brim and pom. To test things out, I made the first hat using a neutral grey for the brim and pom.

The Patons wool worked wonderfully, giving the hat warmth and thickness while not adding too much bulk. But I also wanted to send a hat to Ashley from The Shine Project, and so I contacted her and asked her what color she wanted for the brim/pom. She picked grey, and the result is the hat you see to the left! For her hat, I used Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool for the body of the hat - a different neutral than the Patons Wool but still a nice neutral, undyed color. I mixed it up with a grey yarn from my stash.

I've got big plans for some more of these worked up with some of the leftover brighter wools in my stash, but they may have to wait a few weeks as both my queue and my "works in progress" pile are far too big right now!

Post a Comment

Instagram