insta-life 1.12.2013

Jan 11, 2013

Life has been so incredibly full lately - full of giggles and tantrums, full of knitting and movies and plants (yes, plants!) and starting new adventures. I am so grateful for my phone and Instagram, that I can capture little bits of it!

best. outfit. ever.



Grandpa Snazzy requested mittens he could wear while using the snow blower. Less than three days later, he had his mitts!




Not stingy with his snuggles (yes, that's him trying to snuggle the cat)!


My dad and youngest brother made the trek out from Chicago for a short visit recently. Grandpa C. watched Owen while I was at work one day, and the pair hit it off like peas and carrots. I have a million stories I want to remember about those three days, but this is the only photo I took! Gah!


Big guy bed. And now sleeping through the night!


You guys, this plant has been alive for over two weeks!!!!!



Gotta love the fact that day care has cameras we can view online -- I get to watch Owen rock and roll around class, through lunch and naps, like a boss! So proud of him for making the transition so well!



We rock out pants-less here.

//

The storyteller in me feels like she is slowly being awakened after a very long hiatus. I used to write as though my world would end if I did not. Words tumbled out of me onto paper (via pen) and screen (via computer) until all hours of the day and night. I spent many years filling notebooks and folders full of writing, and then blogs full of terrible stories and silly thoughts.

And then I stopped. I'm not sure when it happened, or why even, but I know that the last few years I have not written like I used to. I have not delighted in the stringing together of words (as simple as the words I may use are) to form sentences, then stories, that I can't help but put out into the world.

And then, I met some new friends, writers all of them. And the words started to come again, slowly at first until they began rushing out of me again at unstoppable speeds. I have stories I want to share, and while I'm not sure how or when to share them, I know they'll start to get shared.

Stories about the hats I'm knitting, stories about the people I am knitting them for, stories about my family, stories about the tiny little life I'm leading -- I feel them all shoving and pushing around inside of me, not wanting to take turns as they all want to be told now now now! (My stories are apparently toddlers)

What does that mean, exactly? Everything and nothing all at once. I plan to share those stories here, in stolen moments between school and work and chasing after my little ninja acrobat of a toddler (so many stories there). I hope to get a better phone (for the camera) so my photos are less blurry; attaching photos to the stories makes it easier for me to remember.

More to come, so much more to come ...

Post a Comment

Instagram