Sandoval in Ivory

Feb 21, 2013


pattern: Sandoval Hat, my pattern  
yarn: I Love This Yarn! in ivory (approximately 130 yards)  
needles: size US 9 / 5.5mm 16" circs and dpns

The snow is supposed to start anytime between at this very moment and about 3:00pm. We're not sure when, but we do think there will be around 12". Schools closed down for today and tomorrow already in anticipation. It has been a cold and blustery winter here in Omaha, very unlike last year - it was already feeling like spring by this point in 2012.

With all this cold, I can't help but cast on Sandoval after Sandoval, knit in a variety of neutral colors to be taken down to the Omaha VA Hospital outreach center. I know how cold I can feel on my walks from the bus stop to work, and I can't imagine how cold it must be right now for Omaha's homeless population.

No matter how cold I am, I know in a few short minutes I will be inside my warm home or office - the folks I knit for don't have that luxury. There are few places they can go for an extended period to warm up and rest.

Because of the snow we're expecting, I may just bag up the hats I've got on-hand thanks to generous folks sending them to the Nebraska Hats for Hope Initiative, and take them to the outreach center today. I hadn't planned on taking them for another week, but folks will need them more than ever in this weather!

Post a Comment

Instagram