life lately

Jul 10, 2014


While I figure out what the heck is going on with all the posts I need to move over (not as bad as I thought it would be, still totally ridiculous), I wanted to share some "what we're doing this summer" type photos.

I've been knitting far less this summer than I have any other summer since I first started knitting almost 15 years ago now. Even that first summer with Owen I managed to knit bajillions of hats (the actual number), which seems so crazy when I look back. This summer, however ...

This summer we are going to the park almost every day. And when we're not at the park, we're playing trains (Owen) and practicing sitting up (Lou) and grabbing every toy within arm's reach (both kids). And not napping at the same time. Which, some days that feels like they've plotted to make me crazy with how perfectly they've timed one waking up just as the other falls asleep!

So.

Not as much knitting. But tons of memories being made, which is far more important. I've been taking photos as much as I can remember to, always with my phone because that's what I've got on me, and sharing them on Instagram (I'm @shemakeshats). If you're an Instagram fan, you can see all these photos, and so many more (for better or worse) over there. If you're not an Instagrammer, these photos are a little peek into our daily lives right now.

Also, my arms are like three shades tanner than my legs, if you can call the difference between see-through and alabaster three shades. Also, how does that happen??

Also, also. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a flip flop tan, something I have coveted for like three summers. Although I'm also pretty sure I'm the only one who can see it. Hopefully by the end of the summer it won't just be my imagination!

2 comments :

  1. Oh I remember those days : ) I did figure out how to knit while I was nursing tho. That is until baby figured out it bugged me when he reached back and grabbed my needles : )

    ReplyDelete

Instagram