Knit List || The Boardwalk Collection

Jul 17, 2015


Kettle Yarn Co. released a The Boardwalk Collection this month, a group of patterns designed to feature their Islington DK yarn. I haven't used this wool/silk blend yarn before, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to save my pennies and grab some, because two of the patterns in this collection are calling my name!

On the left is Seaward, a gorgeous hat featuring a bit of gorgeous lace texture on one side. This looks like the perfect pattern for hat gifting, but because the lace panel appears to be on just one side, this hat could easily be used for charity knitting as well. I'd love to work one up and see if you lose any serious warmth with the lace panel, although I'm betting not.

On the right is Pavillion, a gorgeous rectangular wrap featuring a gorgeous line-based design. The pattern notes say it has unique construction, so I'm curious as to what that means. It appears to be knit diagonally, which would definitely make for some fun knitting for an intermediate knitter!!

All six patterns in The Boardwalk Collection are available on Ravelry for purchase individually. All six are truly gorgeous, and any knitter could find one they have to add to their queue!

Post a Comment

Instagram