off the needles: joe hat

Dec 30, 2011



pattern: Joe Hat, from Jane Richmond (Ravelry link | Etsy link)
yarn: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! Sport Solid, in black
needles: one US 7 / 4.5mm circular needle; one set US 7 / 4.5mm dpns

This might just be the perfect men's hat. Some think the 1x1 ribbing can get a bit tedious, but I love the melody the front/back/front/back creates. I tend not to be a sport-weight yarn knitter, so Jane shared a little secret to the pattern so I can knit this hat again and again on worsted weight yarn - hooray!

The only mod I made while knitting was to not sew up the brim and make it automatically folded under. I thought Amy's husband might want to be able to fold his own brim, although in future versions of this hat I'll be knitting the brim under like so many of Jane's patterns suggest.

This hat was made for Amy's husband - I knit everyone in her family something for the holidays and had such fun doing so!

Post a Comment

Instagram