ten last-minute knitted gifts

Dec 19, 2011

There are just six days left to knit Christmas presents, and if you're like me your "to knit for" list has more than six people still on it. Which no, I don't want to talk about.

To help you cross a few of those folks off your list, here are six tried and true (and super fast to make!) gifts you can knit! (all patterns are either free or downloadable - no books or magazines needed!)


 01 // Jane Hat, from Jane Richmond (ravelry link). I love this hat. I've knit it in wool, in acrylic, and in blends. This hat is going to play a huge role in my 2012 charity knitting as well, thanks to how quick it knits up! Thanks to a combination of sizes 8 and 10 needles, a pattern that LOOKS much more difficult than it is, and the easy to memorize four-row repeat, this hat whips up in less than an evening!

02 // Britta Lalena Headwrap, by Elisa McLaughlin (ravelry link). Gorgeous. This headwrap is perfect for almost any female on your list, and can be used as a fashionable headwrap as well as a great knitted piece to keep your ears warm without matting down your hair! I've got a few friends who will be receiving this one in their stockings this year!

03 // Quick & Basic Coffee Cozy, by Andrea Piernock. We all know someone who loves coffee; why not give them a re-usable travel coffee mug adorned with this gorgeous (and super simple!) cozy?!

04 // Casey Cowl, by Robyn Devine. Yes, I'm sharing my own pattern here. In my defense, I've had four friends ask me to knit them one of these since debuting the pattern, so I'm convinced it's a great go-to cowl. I'm going to keep knitting it until folks tell me to stop!

05 // Aviatrix Hat, by Justine Turner (ravelry link). This free pattern has instructions for making this gorgeous hat in three yarn weights and SEVEN sizes, so you can be sure any babes in your life born in the last few years will be able to fit into one! I love knitting this hat for every friend who has a new babe - quickly on and off the needles, looks great in wools or acrylics, and perfect for a boy or a girl!

06 // Quick & Easy Fingerless Mittens, by 21st Century Girl. No knitting in the round necessary for these mitts! Grab your straight needles, some worsted-weight wool, and you'll have some super warm mitts in no-time!

07 // Bandana Cowl, by Purl Soho. Grab your bulky yarn and 10 1/2 needles for this gorgeous cowl, which makes effortless even easier!

08 // Purl Knit Turban, by Sans Limites Crochet. What a chic way to keep yourself warm this winter season! Thanks to the gorgeous design, this turban will fit almost any head, and the worsted weight yarn means it should fly off your needles!

09 // Quick Long Stripe Scarf, by Alicia Graves (ravelry link). I've always loved making scarves this way. Made with a plethora of your leftover yarns, this scarf is fun and whimsical. Made using neutrals it's the perfect gift for the men on your list.

10 // Zsa Mask, by Nele Peeters. I wish I'd thought to make this hat/mask beginning three weeks ago - every single child I know would have received one! As it is, I'm planning on making them well into the new year and mailing them off to every child I've ever met - how adorable are they?! The brim folds up so you can wear this mask disguised as a regular hat and flip it down, ready for superhero duty in just seconds!

Post a Comment

Instagram