a friend of a friend

Mar 2, 2012



pattern: Waffles Hat pattern, by Gail Bable
yarn: Loops and Threads Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport
needles: size US 9 / 5.5 mm 16" circulars

I love to meet new people. Sometimes. I live as an introvert very happily, but when new folks cross my path I try to go out of my way to extrovert it up so I can get to know them, figure out who they are as quickly as possible.

Melanie is a friend of a friend, and she asked for a hat. Hinted that she'd like a hat, really. I asked around, learned she'd want a blue hat, and got busy.

I've made this hat several times before (hee!), and yet this one may just be my favorite. Using yarn from my stash that turned out to be DK weight instead of the slightly thicker worsted, this hat drapes like a dream, slouches perfectly, and still keeps your head toasty warm. The Waffles Hat may just have to be made this way from now on!

//

I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. This is hat 030.

2 comments :

  1. I am such a sucker for the waffle stitch. Might have to break down and make a few of those hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful act of kindness and generosity! :) And beautiful story, and beautiful hat! Melanie is a lucky lass, the colour is dreamy, and I love the slouchy discovery! GO GO ROBYN ON YOUR WAY TO 10 000! :)
    Katie. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Instagram