Hats On People // Amy Bowman

Mar 19, 2012


pattern: Pasha, by Jane Richmond  
yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice solids in turquoise (worsted weight acrylic, I used about 110 yards)  
needles: sizes US 8 / 5.0 mm, and US 10 / 6.0 mm

I've known Amy for over a decade now. We met when I moved to Omaha and she only had two beautiful daughters. We re-connected about a year ago now, and I've had so much fun rekindling our friendship! Amy blogs at New Nostalgia, one of the blogs I can't help but swing by several times a day (even though she updates only once usually!) - the honesty in her sharing her cancer journey, the beauty in her love for her husband and the openness she has about how she manages her home and family are inspirational to me.

Back before most of us were blogging and Amy and I still lived in the same town I marveled at how she seemed so calm and composed with two tiny little girls at home, a full schedule and an open home and heart. Now I'm so grateful she shares her secrets with the world! I asked Amy if she'd be part of my Hats On People project and she jumped at the chance! She picked out a lacy crochet hat originally that didn't turn out as planned, so we agreed that Pasha by Jane Richmond would fit the bill once it was tweaked for a slightly thicker yarn.

Pasha is a super feminine and flowy pattern when knit with DK weight yarn (what the pattern calls for) but I just love how it slouches up with worsted weight yarn. The hat retains all of its feminine style while looking a bit funkier and more urban. I have big plans to knit this hat up in a few more bright spring colors and list it in the shop in the next few weeks - I'll let you know if I get it done!

Post a Comment

Instagram