hats on people // Gina of Contemplating Beauty

May 11, 2012


pattern: Chunky Cloche Hat by Diane Servis (Ravelry purchase)
yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick N Quick in navy  
needles: size US 11 / 8.0 mm

After seeing the hat I made for Saturated Canary's little man, Gina of Contemplating Beauty commented asking if I took special orders. We bonded over her daughter and my brother both loving show choir, and of course I had to make her a hat! I LOVED knitting this hat! Thanks to the chunky yarn, it whipped up super fast; I was a bit worried it wouldn't be as feminine as Gina wanted, but I was happily proven wrong.

 I think if I knit it again, I'll do one (or two) more rows before decreasing. While it looks like it fits her well, I think it might be a bit nicer with a little more room and slouch. I'm so glad I got connected with Gina via my blog, that we connected like we did, and that I was able to knit her this fun hat!

Post a Comment

Instagram